Saturday, April 23, 2011

So close to 50 ell-bees I can taste it!

48 pounds, people! Woo hoo! Two more to go before Monday, so I'm putting in extra workouts this weekend. Nothing crazy, but maybe a long walk both days with the family, who are coming into town for Easter weekend. I also worked out with Jackie this morning, but as friends! I lost a trainer, but gained a friend. It's a beautiful, beautiful thing.

She and I wrapped up our 20 sessions this week. Very bittersweet. I was so happy for how far she'd taken me, but sad that our partnership is over for now. However, then she suggested we meet and work out this morning as buddies. And that was fun! Of course, she put on a ton of weight to the Smith and other weight-lifting instruments, all the while developing nothing but a healthy glow about her. Meanwhile, I'm working with my 10- and 15-pound dumbbels and sweating like a fat New Yorker. But hey, whatever works, right?

Anyway, it sounds like we'll be working out together more frequently, so for all of you who gasped and e-mailed and said, "Oh Amanda, it's too soon to lose your trainer! I'm worried!" Lol. Fret not! It seems Jackie will still be a part of my life.

Now onto this weekend's biggest challenge: avoiding Easter candy. Dun, dun, dunnnnn. (Why does it taste so much better on Easter and Halloween?)

No comments:

Post a Comment