Monday, April 4, 2011

And the month three weight loss total is ...

Today was the big day! I put in a full hour with Jackie before stepping on the Iron Man scale, and it's all I thought about the whole time, even when I was hoofing it up two flights of stairs to run the track three times. (Yuck.) I was fairly confident because I've been so disciplined the past week or more. But there's always that lingering doubt that the scale will defy logic and slap you in the face. When that happens, it's a dreadfully painful blow that stings for, like, days.

Not today, friends.

(Drum roll) ... 42 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!! 42 ... it's a good number. I like it. I like it a lot. I am a fitness master!!!

There was another number I was excited about, too. The Iron Man scale provides all kinds of information about a person's body composition, including hydration level, metabolic age and visceral fat reading, which is the fat you carry around your mid-section. The latter is what Jackie was excited to see today. My visceral fat is now in the HEALTHY RANGE. Like Heidi Klum and I, we now have about the same risk of cardio vascular issues. Well, OK, let's not go crazy ... but essentially, my risk of heart troubles has practically diminished. I'm really thrilled with that. So cool that in three months you can improve your health to that degree. (The booty, well, that's another story.)

Anyhow, I'll be talking about all of this on KTOE at 4 p.m. today. Tune in if you can!

2 comments: