Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Adam or Kris? That is the question.


"Idol's" on tonight, as I'm sure you all know. It's one of those shows that you can't possibly avoid if you tried. It's all over the Web, all over Facebook and Twitter, and it's all millions of people can talk about today: the big finale.


Adam is the guy to beat, of course. The judges fawned all over him this season. He's certainly talented. He can hit notes I thought only rock legends like Steven Tyler were capable of. But I've been wondering all season how they'll be able to market him. He's got a Broadway style, a theatrical way about him. He doesn't fit well into one of the boxes the music industry has carved out for mainstream musicians. And good for him for that. But my guess is he'll end up in one of them after the show. His unique sound and take on songs may have gotten him praise and attention on the show, but record labels simply want to sell albums. Just ask Kelly Clarkson.


Anyway, I'd love to see Kris pull it out tonight. It would be a huge shock, and unlike last night's "Dancing With the Stars" fiasco, this would be a good surprise. Shawn Johnson is too short and compact to be a dancer. She had terrible extension. Her movements didn't flow. Gilles was marvelous! I demand a recount! ...I digress. Happy "Idol" watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment