Saturday, February 4, 2012

Help! Rename my blog. I'm not clever enough.

It's time to rename this blog, or at least that's what everyone keeps telling me. "Amanda, you are no longer the entertainment writer at The Free Press, so you keeping your blog as "Katotainment" is the crime equivalent of clubbing baby seals." So, so true.

I have no idea what to call it, though. The history of my posts indicates a couple of things: 1. I tend to post on whatever I'm thinking at that very moment. So, impulsive blogging. 2. I tend to post extensively on whatever is at the forefront of my thoughts during a given period of time. So, last year: losing chunks of weight. When "Project Runway" is on, I blog about that. (Except for "All Stars," because I think it stinks and the title is 100 percent misleading.) During Awards Season, I blog about movies. When there's something intriguing/interesting in Mankato's entertainment scene, I blog about that.

I think the takeaway here is that this blog is personality based. It doesn't reflect my job at The Free Press, and that's OK. The newspaper industry is changing, and whereas reporters were once expected to be 100 percent objective and diplomatic and tended to be neutral, overall, now we are expected to brand ourselves, to show you who we are as people and connect with you on a human level. Some are for, some are against. For me, it makes it easier because I tend to be myself, whether that's good or bad, wherever I tend to be and whomever I tend to be with.

So, with all of this in mind, maybe y'all can help me out. I need a blog title that sort of encompasses a personality-based blog about random thoughts, fitness, TV (lots of TV), movies, Mankato and such. If any of you come up with a super good one, I'll award you a $10 coffee card and, of course, bragging rights (ha! I'm sure that's the hugest incentive ever, right?) Plus, I'll blog about you and your incredibly clever blog title.

Email me at adyslin@mankatofreepress.com or call me at 344-6388. Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment