Monday, May 30, 2011

Congratulations Alex Voigt! ...And what was I thinking?

First and foremost, congratulations to Alex Voigt for his awesome time in the 10Kato! He ran the 10Ks in about the same time as my little team walked the 2Ms, so big props to Alex! I'm not sure of his time exactly or what number he placed, but ROUGHLY, it was about 39 minutes, I think. I know exact seconds are important to runners, so I mean it when I say roughly. I'm sure he will update everyone on his blog, so be sure and check it out.

As for me, well, I got up this morning ready to walk. "Two miles," I thought. "No biggie." So I showered. I put on jeans and a T-shirt. I put on makeup. Dried my hair. Just like I was going to run errands or out to lunch. I had three cups of coffee like usual. And I headed out to meet my walking buddies at Dickinson and Emerson for the big race.

File all of the above in the "What was I thinking?" category. ... Boy, that file is getting awfully big. ... Jeans? Makeup? Really?

The temperature was fine, but the humidity was pretty darn bad. By 1 mile, I was sweating AND I had to pee. (Three cups of coffee?) By the finish, I was a mess. A hose would have been lovely. And a bathroom.

Next year, I guess I'll know to show up in gym clothes and a ponytail. But either way, it was a good morning and all for a good cause, so congrats to all who walked or ran!

1 comment: