Friday, January 28, 2011

No, I'm not going to be on MTV

The fourth week is about to wrap, which is good. Feels like I'm reaching a point when the energy will settle a bit, and the new program will be accepted as something more permanent by myself and my friends and family. (My next weigh-in is Wednesday, by the way. That's the one-month mark.)

Anyway, besides the major changes of diet and exercise, I was noticing how small things in my day-to-day have changed. One of my favorite shows to watch before was "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on Food Network. Oh my god, it's a good show. Chefs go to their favorite restaurants and eat their favorite foods and talk about why it's so delicious. My favorite episodes were always the dessert ones.

I pretty much avoid the Food Network now. Although I do watch "Ace of Cakes" because I don't think I'd ever want to eat cake wrapped in Play-Do-ish fondant. Any cake of mine will be elbow deep with butter cream, thank you very much.

Instead, the show I've recently become semi-obsessed with is "I Used to be Fat" on MTV. (Am I even allowed to watch MTV anymore? Being over 30 and all?) It's a reality show that follows a graduating senior (high school) through a summer-long weightloss program. They work with a trainer every single day, and in about 90 to 110 days, they drop about 75 to 100 pounds. It's such a cute show! Being fat in high school is a fate no kid should endure, and the show sort of gives them a leg-up in college.

If you have the chance, check it out. It's sort of like "Made," which I also like, but every episode is about being "Made" into someone thinner.

I've actually been sort of asked if I was doing some sort of weight-loss MTV show. I wonder where they thought I was hiding the camera crew? ... No, Jackie and I are doing our own version of "Made," but for a blog/newspaper-reading audience only. And my guess is that it will take us much longer than 90 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment