Monday, January 31, 2011

It's between me and the Long John

Oh dear. ... Today is Doughnut Day -- the most awaited day in the newsroom. Once a month, the building is treated to a box of doughnuts and a box of fruit to celebrate the birthdays from the previous month.

Every last work day of the month, when Becky from downstairs walks up with the assorted box, we try to compose ourselves and refrain from stampeding to the back to pick the best one. My personal favorite? The jelly-filled long John. Too good. Just too, too good.

Today, dear readers, is the last work day of the month. And so I was left with a choice to make:










And here's what I decided:




Victory! Wahoo!!

1 comment:

  1. You are far stronger than I! I could never make that choice. Wasn't there talk years ago of offering bagels or something on the last day? I think there was a near-riot with that idea!

    ReplyDelete