Monday, February 22, 2010

Mankato Mag calling Easter egg enthusiasts


For the April issue of Mankato Magazine, I need your help ...
My grandmother had an Easter tradition, and I expect others in the area do
as well: You take branches to serve as your "tree" and you have children,
grandkids, nieces, nephews and visitors dye and decorate eggs, blow them out
and hang them on the tree. The collection grows over the years and serves as
a memento for family and friends.

I'd like to do a feature story on someone with such an Easter tradition in the Mankato area. There is a woman rumored to have worked at Minnesota State University with a massive Easter tree, but I have yet to track her down.

If this is someone you know, or you have an Easter egg tree tradition, e-mail me at adyslin@mankatofreepress.com, or call me at 344-6388.

No comments:

Post a Comment