Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Captain kids, Tommy Dreamer, Craig Morgan and Static-X

Everyone should check out the story on Captain Eleven running tomorrow in the Freep, cover of the Currents section. They're a great group of guys. So, I guess, sometimes good things come out of bad things. For background, view the 38 or so comments on the Meat Puppets review below.

Tomorrow I also will be talking to a person by the name of Tommy Dreamer of the WWE. I have actually never seen an episode ... is that the right word? ... of said program, so I must do my research. I had planned to bring in a ringer. Ryan Gehrke, the manager of Blockbuster, is a fan. I planned to bring him in and record his conversation with the wrestler and then transcribe it as a Q&A, to save him from having to write an actual story out of it. But he claims he can't get out of work. As the manager of the store, I find that hard to believe. Perhaps a small case of cold feet? Star-struckedness? (Ryan, if you're reading this, I will gladly publish your retaliation here to make this a fair squabble.)

In the past two weeks, I've also spoken to Craig Morgan, country star, and Tony Campos, Static-X bass player. Talk about diversity. You can't get much different than that when comparing musicians. Static-X should be a good show if you like really heavy music. He was a fun interview too. Well, from what I could hear. He was on a cell phone making this swoooosh noise the whole time and it would cut out entireley when he'd go through tunnels.

That's all for now. Happy Wednesday, kind readers.

2 comments:

  1. As Ryan's girlfriend, I vote cold feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, he's a wuss. And here I thought majoring in mass communications would have prepared him for such things. ; )

    ReplyDelete