Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Project Runway Returns!



Hi all! A big story comes out Thursday on Project Runway. There's tons to look forward to and also to dread. ...As we all know, the show is moving to (gulp) Lifetime. Oh, dear me. We're talking about the network whose bread and butter is wife-beater movies and programming about not-so-pretty women finding inner beauty. Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! I pray the network will allow the Project Runway folks to just do their thing and not provide "guidance." ...OK, I admit that on a Saturday or two I have gotten sucked into a movie about a college woman who finds herself in an abusive relationship, starring Tori Spelling. But that doesn't mean I want that kind of camp in my Runway. Step off, Lifetime.

But so far, things look good. Go to the Web site. It's actually pretty cool. You can search through the designers' portfolios, and there's a ton of other cool multimedia stuff. Also, I'm wayyyy looking forward to the two hour preamble, the All Star Designer Challenge - eight former Runway stars come back to vie for the championship at $100,000. Pretty neat.

I'm not really looking forward to the new show about the Project Runway models. I guess I don't really care what their opinions are on the clothes. I fear it will devolve into a whiney "My designer is totally ruining my life by making me wear these hideous clothes." Perhaps this is where Lifetime is showing its ugly face, in this program. If some chick cries during at least one segment of every show, or if the models are forced to live together and every episode devolves into cattiness, then I'm out. But I'll give the first one a try.

Don't forget to read up on the show Thursday in Currents, and tune in Thursday night to the shows. Check back here Friday for the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment