Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back in the saddle again

Hi, folks! It's been a while. I hope you are all well!

I'm back at it. I had a nice, long break from work and it's good to be back, for more reasons than one. The reason that pertains to this blog in its current state? STRUCTURE. Routine and structure are a dieter's best friend.

I did OK. I'd give myself a B-/C+ for my efforts while on vacation. Wisconsin was tough. There were cupcakes and blueberry coffee cakes and chocolate-strawberry desserts. There was pizza. There was wine. There was cheese (Wisconsin cheese!). There was barbecue. Something about being away from home makes a couple of girls on the road go buck wild.

When I got home last week, I did much better for a couple of days. But then I had a party Saturday celebrating my house's 130th birthday. (More of an excuse to gather and drink, really.) So then, again, there was wine, there was cheese, there were cookies.

The bad things have left the house, except for huge amounts of leftover wine and Summer Shandy. But I usually don't have any trouble staying away from those unless there's a social/group atmosphere.

So, like I said, I'm back at it. 77 pounds, here I come. I'm really, really going to start pushing hard to get there. The goal is the end of July to hit it. Maybe even sooner? We shall see ...

No comments:

Post a Comment