Thursday, October 28, 2010

Skinny Marie Claire writer bullies 'fatties'

In my last post I suggested I should be crowned Queen of the Insenitive for my comments on a blubbering Michael C. on "Runway." Well, folks, Maura Kelly of Marie Claire has stolen my crown.

In an epically rude, mean-spirited and shallow blog post, she posed the question, "Think people feel uncomfortable when they see overweight people making out on television?"

If asking wasn't bad enough. She went on to answer her question.

“I think I'd be grossed out if I had to watch two characters with rolls and rolls of fat kissing each other ... because I'd be grossed out if I had to watch them doing anything,” she writes. “To be brutally honest, even in real life, I find it aesthetically displeasing to watch a very, very fat person simply walk across a room.”

Backlash to Marie Claire was brutal. And warranted.

Read all about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment