Monday, March 22, 2010

Dancing with the Stars: The Big Kickoff


Tonight is the night!!! (That's Monday, March 22, for those who might stumble upon this at a later date.) "Dancing With the Stars" kicks off its new season 7 p.m. tonight on ABC.

I'll be the first to admit I was skeptical. Recent seasons have been really sub-par. The word "Stars" in the title became so very loose that it was almost a lie. It seemed like I was often asking "Wait, who is that again?"

But somehow, this season, DWTS has managed to round up a group of people you will actually recognize. Shannen Doherty, anyone? I know I'm not the only one who grew up on "90210" and had the dolls and the bed sheets and the school folders and the posters ... or maybe I was. Anyway, we've also got Kate Gosselin of TLC's "Jon & Kate Plus Eight" fame. America watched this year as her marriage crumbled, and now she's all over the tabloids getting slammed for being on this show when she's got eight kids at home.

And, hello! Buzz Aldrin, for crying out loud. The man walked on the moon. I'm wondering ... shall we expect another kind of moonwalk from Mr. Aldrin?

Pam Anderson is also stirring up viewers. One must wonder, will the former "Baywatch" babe be able to stay on her feet? ...Kinda top heavy, doncha think?

Others include: Nicole Scherzinger of the Pussycat Dolls, football player Chad Ochocinco, Olympic skater Evan Lysacek, sports reporter Erin Andrews, soap star Aiden Turner, Jake Pevalka of "The Bachelor" and Niecy Nash of "Reno 911."

My top pics: Evan and Nicole. Evan's an athlete, and a limber one at that. And Nicole has plenty of dancing background.

However, in my office pool, they were taken. So, technically, my votes are for Chad and Erin. Chad's an athlete, too, although a bulkier one, and Erin looks plenty fit, so who knows, maybe I've got a shot!

Be sure and tune in tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment